Friday, February 23, 2007

Great Strides Update



Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present.

--Albert Camus


People's spirit of generosity overwhelms me. Last year was the first time I had ever done anything with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. I thought I'd start small and do a letter writing campaign, just to give it a try. Afterall, sending a few emails out into cyberspace didn't really seem like a big deal. Almost within a week of clicking that "send" button, the donations started rolling in. At first they came in a few at a time. Then the deluge started! By the end of the Great Strides season, more than $5000 had come in.

Some people I never even expected to respond sent in generous donations. One of my former college professors not only made a large donation, but wrote a very touching note for me as well. I was humbled, and I was awed.

This year I'm doing a letter again, and I'm thrilled to report that it's off to a running start! In just a few weeks people have generously contributed enough to help me reach the 20% mark of my goal. With 4 months to go between now and the Great Strides Walk. Please help me by donating to this worthy causes. Your generous donations help fund much needed research that seeks to find ways that help people with Cystic Fibrosis live longer, healthier, happier lives.

You can donate by following this link, which takes you to my personal fund raising page on the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's website.

Lauren's CF Great Strides Home Page

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE