Monday, January 22, 2007

Writing Helps Pass the Time

Today I'm once again doing precious little other than sitting on the bed in my pajamas with my laptop in front of me, a tall glass of milk on the nightstand, and a brain full of ideas that need to manifest themselves as written words. My fingers have been flying across the keyboard as I've responded with my 2 cents on a variety of topics on Helium's website.

I'm glad that I have writing as a creative outlook. Without it I'd certainly be going crazy. Sitting at home is NOT my idea of a good time, but since I'm still so worn out, there's precious little else I'm able to do. Also, the whole point of taking time off work to rest is that I actually sit back and REST. This is against my nature, and I'd be lying if I said that all this idle time wasn't eating away as my psyche.

Some people (myself included) have a hangup about the word "depression." It's hard for me to even admit that I am in a depressive mood lately. Part of me thinks that I'm weak or a failure for giving in to that feeling. I've had to be reminded that depression's roots are in the brain's inability to function properly. Although a depressive episode can be triggered by an emotional event or circumstance, ultimately it's bad biochemistry that prevents a person from feeling "okay."

I'm learning a lot about different health issues as I've been generating short articles for Helium. I like learning new things. Here are a few things I've written today.

Possible Harmful Effects of Fluoridation

Creative Writing Exercises to the the Pen Moving

Mental Health and Diet

Different Forms of Depression

Mesothelioma

Why Gums Sometimes Bleed

How To Distract Yourself at a Job You Hate

Exercising When You Don't Have Time

Understanding Body Mass Index (BMI)

How To Clean Your Toothbrush

Liver Health

What Are Diuretics?

Treating Fevers

Economic Benefits of Hybrid Cars

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE