Thursday, January 04, 2007

A Real Slug-Fest

One hour of life, crowded to the full with glorious action, and filled with noble risks, is worth whole years of those mean observances of paltry decorum, in which men steal through existence, like sluggish waters through a marsh, without either honor or observation.
--Sir Walter Scott




Today was another day filled to the brim with...nothing! The best part is, I didn't mind. I spent most of the morning just resting in bed, doing a lot of reading. Yesterday when my mom was here she jokingly asked what I was reading these days, so I told her; Milton's "Paradise Lost" and Moore's "Utopia". How's that for a little light reading? Just because I can't run a marathon doesn't mean I'm not exercising my brain.

Then of course there's the brainless sort of activity such as surfing the web. I don't like to be completely idle, so even when I'm sitting in front of the computer I'm attempting to use my creative juices. I've written a handful of articles now for Associated Content, and I'm practicing the fine art of writing to a topic thanks to Helium. Here are links to what I've written. Nothing too spectacular, but hey, it's better than posting all over myspace or something. (*shudder*)

Associated Content Articles
Helium: Where Knowledge Rules



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE