Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Don't Lock Me Up Just Yet!

The eating was one of the most horrible things. Excepting the first two days after I entered the asylum, there was no salt for the food.
--Nellie Bly


Today's quote is from a woman I very much admire for many reasons, not the least of which is her prowess as a woman journalist (Katie Couric be da**ed) and her heart for the less fortunate. Although "Nellie Bly" is a nom de plume, Elizabeth Jane Cochran is perhaps best known for her undercover report of the abuse occurring at Blackwell's Island, an insane asylum. From my own experience with certain members of the health care community, I'm afraid that there is still something greatly amiss in how people with mental disorders are treated and how mental illness is perceived in general.

More on that on a different day. I'm still too spittin' mad about it to write anything decent.

In the meantime, here are my latest additions to Helium.

Ways to Reduce Reuse and Recycle Paper

Good News for Chocolate Lovers

Tips for Maintaining Healthy Teeth


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE