Sunday, January 06, 2008

Shall We Dance?


Jennifer Lopez I'm not, and I didn't have nearly the finesse that she had in that movie "Shall We Dance?" I had to summon all my rhythm from my baton twirling days in order to not make a doofus out of myself.

The lesson was not quite what we expected. There must have been 150 people there! They grouped us into beginner, intermediate and advanced, and taught all three groups in the same room. It was very difficult to hear and see what the instructors were doing. I think the part that threw me off the most was that I didn't get to dance with Brad :( They had us all get in a circle, and every time we did the 1-2-3, 1-2-3 we ladies had to switch to the next guy in line. It reminded me of the Mad Hatter's tea party the way we kept switching. Brad and I were by far some of the youngest participants. I think the average age there was at least 65.

Since I struggle with anxiety, being in a room that large, loud and crowded nearly sent me into a tailspin. I was having such a rough time that I asked Brad if we could leave once they started teaching the swing dancing stuff.

Brad and I (mostly I) had to decompress after such a night. I was in a bit of a funk, and frustrated that something that should have been fun had wigged me out. Just a little while ago (it's 11:30 pm here) Brad and I spent some time practicing the steps together. I think I've got it down for the most part. I'll just have to make sure to take my anxiety meds BEFORE the lesson next week!

Still I think we'll get the hang of it. Now that we know what to expect for next time, it won't wig us out so much.

Comments:
I've been reading your posts over at cf.com and haven't stopped by. Your life has had its ups and downs lately, hasn't it.

I hope the dancing works out well. My son took ballroom dancing in college. He needed a semester of PE, and that was all that was left. He loved it.
 
Just when I thought I couldn’t love you more, you did that. Thank you for being so amazing!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE