Thursday, December 13, 2007

Shoo Flu!


Ever since last Thursday I've had a bit of a "rumbly tumbly" as Winnie the Pooh would call it. Really, it was quite uncomfortable. I thought perhaps I'd overdone it on the butter lover's popcorn (mmmmm) or maybe the weird little sandwiches they fed us at the port of Los Angeles were less than fresh. Nonetheless, it didn't really slow me down.

This week I've been mostly doing day-trips of field work. It wasn't too exhausting since I was in the car almost the whole time. When I got home yesterday afternoon I felt quite yucky. Dizzy, queasy, clammy...even a little bit feverish. I crawled into bed for a nice nap, which was interrupted by a lovely display of gastointestinal pyroctechnics. Seriously, I didn't know whether to kneel beside the throne or sit upon it.

When Brad got home he helped himself to some dinner and tucked me back into bed. He brought me my meds, including some Advil PM for the fever, and went back downstairs. I fell asleep almost immediately. I didn't wake up until about 10:30 this morning. Praise the Lord, when I woke up I actually felt BETTER! I'm still a little on the weak side, but the tummy issues are dissipating, and today I'm able to keep my food down. I'm a little pale, but that's nothing a little lipstick and makeup can't fix!

I can't believe I've actually weathered a flu on my own without it becoming something gross. I'm not even coughing any more than usual or congested. It was all just run of the mill, normal people type sickness. Best of all, I didn't miss a single day of work because of it! I'm quite optimistic that I'll be able to sail right into 2008 with ease :)

Comments:
Congratulations on surviving this without its becoming something serious.
 
glad you're feeling better. And it seems toddlers and bunnies have a lot in common. When they're quiet, they're most definitely doing something naughty.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE