Friday, November 30, 2007

I Am Happy

My dad likes to ask me, "are you a happy girl?" It's his way of checking in and communicating with me a little deeper. I know he's not asking specifically about my happiness--although I know he cares about that--what he's really asking is "how are things going for you right now?"

I've answered that question in just about every way imaginable over the years. If my dad were to ask me today "are you a happy girl" I would have to say "absolutely."

Not only am I happy, but I'm at peace. I am coping with CF in a way that I couldn't before.

I have a purpose in life: to love God and tell people about Him and share encouragement with them in ways that I have been uniquely suited.

I have laughter--today when my mom broke a whole box of Christmas lights all in one fell swoop, we laughed like crazy because every single bulb had broken; we realized this when she shook the box and it sounded like Frosted Flakes were the contents.

I have joy. My husband never stops impressing me with the ways he loves me. He is my greatest earthly happiness.

I have anticipation. Very soon my little namesake, Ava Lauren will see the world for the first time. I get to celebrate the birth of her and her twin sister, Julia Ann, who are already blessings in their lives of their parents.

So yes, I'm a happy girl. Happier than I've been in a long time.

Comments:
I am so very grateful for your time. Thank you for being such an inspiration to me and others around you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE