Friday, March 24, 2006

Nearing Completion

In life, satisfaction is experienced when activities are brought to a state of completion. Loss of energy and loss of control are functions of incompletion. The result of completing things releases one's ability to create.

--William A. Ward

I can't believe I've been back at work for an entire week now! Time really does fly when you're having fun. Well, maybe fun isn't the right word, but it's good to feel productive. I feel like I have accomplished a lot not only by being at work, but by keeping up relatively well with health and work simultaneously. The most difficult part is still the matter of getting enough sleep. A couple times this week I went home in the middle of the day to take a nap, then came back to work. I'm glad I live so close to the office.

Maybe I should try to convert the area under my desk into a little lounge/sleep area like George Costanza did on Seinfeld. Then again, maybe not. That didn't work out too well for him.

I'm hoping that once I'm completely finished with the Levaquin I'll be back on track. Even the Anafranil isn't putting me to sleep like it used to. I wonder if that has anything to do with the recent changes to how many multivitamins I take. I'm not sure exactly what effects my malabsorption issues have on how my body uses each individual medication I take. Like everything else though, I suppose that's a learning process. And probably just like everything else, once I think I've gotten it figured out, it will change on me.

I can tell that something is slightly "off" somewhere. In addition to weird sleep patterns, I've been having some OCD issues. Nothing major where I'm a total nut-ball, but a few of the little things that had dissipated once I was on the medication have started to return a bit. For example, I had been doing really well for several months about keeping my keys and my glasses where I can find them easily. The last three days I have spent nearly half an hour each morning searching for one or the other. It's frustrating and embarrassing.

I almost forgot about the latest development with my meds. I have been doing the saline nebulizer treatments for several days now. I'm not sure that I can tell if it's working or not. The main thing I've noticed is that the treatment makes me cough--a LOT! I suppose that's good for keeping the gunk from collecting in my lungs. It's not a particularly comfortable cough though. Last night's treatment was more irritating to my lungs than anything else. I don't think I was really producing more sputum because of it. Oh well. It's only been a week. I'll keep documenting my progress.

Current mood: happy
Current snack: pretzel sticks and raspberry yogurt
Health-o-meter: 92% (slightly fatigued)
Emotional Weather: sunny, clear skies

Hey Lauren. What's up? That's cool that you are trying out the hypertonic saline. It's something interesting in the back of my mind that I might ask my doc about. Keep me posted on how it's going, k? I tried it once when my lungs were already irritated, and it didn't go over well. They used to give it to me when I was on studies too, and they just called it "sputum induction."
I'm glad it seems you are doing better. I hope it continues. God bless you!

The girls coughed a lot at first too. Now, it honestly doesn't seem to be doing anything. However, it also doesn't irriate them and they don't complain of a sore throat like they did when they first started. I kind of felt the same way about Pulmozyme in the beginning too. Maybe everything helps a little. Thanks for letting us know how it is going!
Love and Light,
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?