Friday, February 24, 2006

What a Day



Some days you're the pigeon; some days you're the statue.

--unknown





I was only halfway through my 2nd toaster strudel this morning when my upstairs neighbor knocked on my door. He informed me that ours was one of a couple cars that were vandalized during the night. The passenger window was smashed to pieces. The glove compartment and center console were ransacked. I can't think of anything that may have been lying out in the open to attract the baddies. The only thing that may have been appealing was the little prescription bottle I had resting in the cupholder. (I try to keep enzymes handy for any snacking I do in the car)

The bad guy must have been disappointed with my collection of CDs, because I mostly had stuff by Christian artists. I hope my "ocean music and whale songs" relaxation CDs bring that person some peace into what would otherwise be a pretty stressful life of crime. It's actually sort of amusing that what's missing are some random CDs, a jacket, a camera and some Creon. I'd be mildly curious to learn what sort of "recreational" uses they thought they could get from the Creon. (Have fun trying to snort a line of crushed enzymes, Cheech!)

I'm upset about the inconvenience of it all. It has also made us think more seriously about moving into a place of our own that has a garage. But all in all I know that no matter what, God is providing for all my needs at any given moment. Stuff is just stuff. Even if I were to lose everything material in this world--even to the point of my own life--I would still not be shaken.

That doesn't mean I'm going to sit back and let things just happen as they may. Brad and I have stepped things up in the security department. I am still a little rattled from the experience and having some issues with hyper-vigilence, but nothing that's going to send me completely off kilter. Afterall, rain falls on the just and the unjust. Today just happened to be my day to be the statue.
***
Current mood: snarky
Current snack: Vienna Creme cookies
Health-O-Meter: 75% of baseline (grrrrrrr)
Emotional Weather: distant thunder

Comments:
Hi Lauren!
Sorry for the short reply on my blog to your comment but I was at a net cafe and ran out of minutes...anyways, just wanted to say hello, nice blog u got there. And you seem to have a great sense of humor...so cool!
Hope you are doing well...
take care,
J.
 
A debt of gratitude is in order for your glorious posting! I very delighted in understanding it. very interesting blog, nice information. your work is very excellent.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE