Friday, March 10, 2006

Bedrest and Bubble Baths

We start to realize that there are anodynes in life that help us through the day. I don't care if it's a walk in the park, a look out the window, a good bubble bath--whatever. Even a meal you like or a friend you want to call. That helps us solve all this stuff in our head.

--Al Pacino





I've been resting at home for just over a week now, and I have to say, all this rest has been good for me. I'm so glad that I am able to rest and recover at home instead of the hosptial. Being in my own bed, surrounded by my own stuff, eating my favorite comfort foods and being able to email and chat on the phone with friends is good medicine. Although I can't deny that the Levaquin and TOBI are largely responsible for my progress as of late.

I didn't sleep very well last night and I woke up too early. That's okay though because it meant that I was able to putter around a little bit while Brad got ready for his day. I was glad for the opportunity to see him off to work for a change. I even packed a sack lunch for him, which made me feel like I was being productive at least in some small way.

After making some breakfast for myself, I turned up the dial on the electric blanket on the bed and took a short nap while the raindrops beat lightly against the window. It's nice to be able to hide from the world for a few more hours by being tucked cozily into bed--especially when there's nothing else I have the energy to do anyway.

Fresh from a nap, I called my friend Jen in NY. I think we both benefited a lot from the conversation. We're so similar in a lot of ways. She said that right now her big thing is going to the grocery store--it turns into a social event for her. She loves being able to stay at home with the baby, but I can appreciate her need to get out of the house every now and then too. Baby Josh was making all sorts of adorable squeaking and cooing noises in the background. I can't wait until Brad and I get a chance to go out there and see him in person.

For lunch I tried something new. I used some of those Pillsbury "Perfect Portions" biscuits and put some ham and cheese in them about halfway through baking. Mmmmmm. Those are a good way to put a lot of calories in a relatively small portion. I rounded out the meal with a glass of Instant Breakfast, and a cup of raspberry yogurt.

It's 3 in the afternoon and I'm still in my cozy pajamas and trying to think of what relaxing thing I should do next. Perhaps a bubble bath is in order followed by another nap. I'm not spoiled--I'm resting!

***
Current mood: calm
Current snack: grapes
Health-o-Meter: 70% and climbing!
Emotional weather: clear skies

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE