Friday, May 29, 2009

Getting Back my Blogging Groove

I'm very much out of the habit of writing. The last major writing project I did was to write nearly a month's worth of devotionals for "Anchor" before being hospitalized. I haven't worked on my book, my other blogs or written any articles since then. I used to challenge myself to write an essay (or article) each day. Perhaps that's the sort of thing I need to get me back to where I'm used to writing. I guess that's what prompted today's blog--a sense of needing to write something...anything...just to get the ideas and the "ink" flowing again.

Today was a good day. The first thing I did after waking up was to get the bed made. I've found that the sooner I make the bed, the sooner I feel really motivated to start the day. Breakfast was cereal today, just as it's been for the last week or so. Every now and then I just get into a mood where all I want is the same food item for days at a time. Right now my craving is Cap'n Crunch. I know, I know...

Last night Brad had helped me sort the laundry, so that was the biggest project I undertook today. There was so much of it that it took almost all day. It feels good to have everything all clean and put away. The more time I spend being a "housewife" the more I find that I actually do have the capacity to keep things fairly neat. I like to be able to greet Brad at the door at the end of the day with a smile on my face and dinner almost ready for the table. Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong decade. I wish we lived in a society where women who keep the home fires burning were given more respect and credit. I suppose that's why Dr. Laura wrote the book "In Praise of Stay At Home Moms." I really respect the SAHMs that I know. Kelly is the first one who comes to mind. She has the challenge of twins and her family shares living space with her grandparents who also depend on her. I respect her and am tremendously impressed by how she handles it.

Okay, back to my day. Laundry is finished and now I'm just hanging out enjoying the fruits of my labor and preparing for a restful weekend. Health-wise I'm doing well. My blood sugars are staying well controlled and I'm not short of breath at all. I think tomorrow morning while Brad's out shooting with our police pal, Jeremy, I'll hit the gym for some good cardio. That's my plan right now anyway. I did 2 miles on the treadmill the other day. Eventually I'd like to be able to do 5k--not to run competitively or anything, just something I want to be able to accomplish just on the treadmill would be fine. I've got a lot of work to do to get there though. Maybe I'm over-ambitious. So what?

Well, there you have it. The ramblings of the first of many new blog posts to come. Thanks everyone for checking up on me during my time away.

Comments:
Aww thanks! Although I can't quite say they depend on me, (they don't like my cooking!) living with two old people sure can make for great a conversation piece! Like the police visit yesterday or watching tv and having grandpa ask if Heidi from the Hills (I know I know, bad show!) was Jessica Simpson. haha!

Thanks for visiting the other day :)
 
hey there Lauren, glad to see you writing again. Love to see you mention Dr.Laura you are the first one that turned me on to her and she is so phenomenal!!! So thank you for that.

Just wanted to say great goal on the 5K, totally doable for you I just know it. Look up heart rate training it is for all fitness levels adn will safely get you to your goal while increasing the efficiency of your body and its ability to use oxygen and its red blood cells. Take care and God Bless!
 
You could make your own 5K race! You could map it out around your place and put up signs. I had friends do their own "half marathon" in college. A bunch of us stood along the route cheering them on, even though it wasn't "official."
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE