Saturday, April 04, 2009

Update from the Inside

It hasn't yet been a week, but since I've been here so much lately it feels like so much more time has passed. I'm so sick of being here. I'm lonely, tired, and bummed out a lot of the time. The days are slow and the nights are long. I just want to be at home with Brad doing normal things like making dinner and feeding the rabbits.

I am making some progress though. My PFTs yesterday show some improvement in my FEV1. It's up to 1.48 from 1.4L on Tuesday. The really good news is that my vital capacity (the total amount of air my lungs take in) has improved dramatically. This means that I'm finally clearing out a lot of the gunk that was clogging up my lungs. This has been a long time comming.

I've gotten more serious about my CPT, and am asking the respiratory therapists to do not just my uppers, but my sides as well. It's painful to be beating on my ribcage that much, but the doc has prescibed morphine to help with that. Amazingly, the morhpine doesn't make me tired and sleepy like I wish it would. I'd give just about anything right now to be able to sleep better.

Comments:
I plan to be down on Monday or Tuesday (hopefully you will be home by wed???).

I hope you are able to get some much needed sleep (not just rest but SLEEP).

Love you!
 
I wish I could come visit! We could play games or knit or something!!! You probably can't talk on the phone much, if you're like I was when I was "sick."

I certainly can understand your being lonely & bored and wanting to be home doing normal things. I felt like that the few times I was in. I'm glad you are starting to get the gunk out - I can't imagine needing morphine because of the CPT. That must really be hurting!

I go to clinic on Wed.
 
Love you. Wish I could come and hang out. But I'm glad to hear you're doing better...will keep praying.
 
Sorry your still in, again... Keep up the faith.
 
Thank you for being such a great leader. The other team members and I are really inspired by your actions.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE