Saturday, May 30, 2009

Blah Blah Blogging

Today was definitely a "May Gray" day. (hehehe, that rhymed.) I slept in this morning for a change, probably due to the medication we restarted to help me sleep. Outside it wasn't quite drizzling, but it wasn't dry either. The air was a cool 65 degrees and droplets condensed on the car windows as I drove to the grocery store.

SIDE BAR

I love going to the grocery store. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring along my reusable shopping bags. The environmental scientist part of me continued to kick myself for it all afternoon. Then I remembered that I do recycle those plastic bags, so I forgave myself.

END SIDE BAR

Brad and our police friend Jeremy went shooting today. Brad came home reeking of gunpowder, but he had a grin on his face that let me know he had a good time. Saturdays are when the law enforcement officers can bring a friend to the range. Brad hopes he and Jeremy can do that again sometime. I don't know how crazy I am about the whole thing, but if he's having fun and is being social with church friends, who am I to put the kibash on it?

I really don't know how I managed to while away the hours today. It's been one of those days where I'm watching the clock just waiting for it to be late enough for me to crawl back into bed. Last night Brad and I both conked out around 9 o'clock. We were watching an incredibly boring movie--The Heist. Even with Pierce Brosnan in the lead role I just couldn't get into it. It was very predictable. We didn't even finish the flick. We just assumed how the rest of it would go. Now back it goes into the little Netflix envelope so someone else can waste their time with it.

With the colder, gloomier weather my arthritis has been acting up. My knees and ankles have been especially painful, but not overwhelmingly so. CF affects so many different parts of the body. Not to mention that every case is unique and all mutations behave a little differently from one another. My mutation is double delta F508 (aka double delta.) It's the most common mutation and also one of the more severe ones. Even with all the complications it comes with, I often feel like I'm one of the lucky ones. I think that's because God has given me the strength and resources I need to cope with this monster disease. He's given me a wonderful extended family and a truly remarkable husband to come alongside me and see me through the hard parts. I'm blessed, that's for sure.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE