Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Then and Now: Resolutions of Sorts





An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.


--Bill Vaughan




Instead of making the traditional list of New Year's Resolutions that's filled with delusions of grandeur and self-improvement measures, I decided to do something a bit different. I made a little chart on a pad of paper today (okay, so it was the wrapper that my old-fashioned doughnut from $tarbucks came in...) with two columns. The left column I titled "Things I Did in 2007." On the right I wrote "Want to Do in 2008." The object was to take some positive or interesting things about last year, and look for similar things to do this calendar year.

Here's what the resulting list looked like:

Things I Did in 2007

Things I Want to do in 2008

Learned to knit

Learn to waltz

Started lifting weights

Add more weight

Wrote a book proposal

Get the proposal to an editor/publisher

Raised $5000 for CFF Great Strides

Raise $7000 for CFF Great Strides

Unpacked from moving to new home

Organize the guest room and closets

Visited San Francisco

Visit New York or Hawai’i



Here's to a GREAT '08!

Comments:
Thank you for your guidance and support. You’re the sweetest! Thank you for everything you do!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE