Sunday, July 30, 2006

Still a Little Out of Tune





Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity. --Hippocrates








I'm in the middle of a rather lengthy tune-up. The meds I was on in the hospital weren't quite doing the trick. I was sent home on Ceftaz infusion and oral Levaquin. At my most recent follow-up appointment at the CF clinic, my lung function still hadn't come back up much from when it was checked in the hospital. My weight really hadn't improved either. Basically, for the last couple weeks I've been just loafing around, hoping that my energy would come back.

The doc switched me out to different meds. I'm back on infused Tobi, and we've added Merrem. Merrem is a new one for me, but from what I've read about it, it should be a good one when combined with Tobi. The docs were concerned about Tobi because of its ototoxicity and the fact that I've already lost some hearing in my left ear. However, after a lot of discussion, we made an informed decision to go ahead with it. Clearly Tobi does work for me, and it has been a "power-play" in the past, so I'm hopeful that this time it will get be back in shape.

I'm disappointed that I won't be able to return to work just yet, but on the other hand, I'm thankful that I have such a flexible job that I'm able to stay home and recover fully. Another two weeks and I should be well tuned up.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE