Wednesday, April 19, 2006

"My Girls"





But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement the greater part of life is sunshine.

--Thomas Jefferson





Every other week I get together with a small group of my close girl friends--"My Girls" I call them--for an evening of prayer. I am so blessed by my girls in those times. Last night in particular I felt extremely close to God and my friends after our evening together. Quite a lot of time had passed since many of us had seen each other. Since we are geographically spread out and we all have different schedules, we don't always have the entire group together all at once. But that's okay. Those of us who are there get "caught up" with one another, and those who are unable to make it contribute by way of email. I love it.

When I fall out of the habit of meeting regularly with my girls, I easily forget the incredible impact that the group has on my spiritual life. I am continually amazed to hear about all that God is doing in the lives of my friends. I am also blessed to see God answering our prayers right before our eyes.

A year ago my girls and I were praying a lot about my health. Last spring was particularly difficult for me. I was in and out of the hospital, which included a 2 visits to the emergency room as well as an outpatient surgery. Through all of that I was encouraged and uplifted. I only hope that I have been the same blessing to them that they are to me.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE