Thursday, July 20, 2006

Settling In After the Move



Once you get a spice in your home, you have it forever. Women never throw out spices. The Egyptians were buried with their spices. I know which one I'm taking with me when I go. --Erma Bombeck

Our new home is beginning to take shape. I just wish I had more energy to get everything put away in its proper place. But, since I've only been home from the hospital for just over a week, I'm letting myself rest. I'm SO thankful that my mom moved all the kitchen stuff first while I was in the hospital. It's wonderful to have at least one area of the house all figured out. My sister-in-law has been a tremendous help as well in terms of helping unpack things while I supervise.

My natural inclination is to be busy, so it's very difficult for me to just sit here today and do only a few things from the comfort of the bedroom (which, incidentally, is HUGE and BEAUTIFUL!) I know that everything will be put away eventually. The most important thing for me right now is to make sure that I'm giving the antibiotics a chance to do their work. I've slept a lot the last couple of days, so that should help.

I'm only on two tune-up meds this time, which I think is why things are progressing more slowly than usual in terms of getting back up to baseline. I'm on IV ceftazadime and oral levaquin. I hope it does the trick so that I'll be back to work by the end of the month. As it stands today though, I'm not entirely sure if that's going to happen. I still have a lot of ground to regain with my lung funtion. Who knows. Maybe this weekend I'll really be able to turn a dramatic corner.

--
Current mood: complacent
Current snack: Lays Stax
Health-O-Meter: 70% of baseline, still tired but coughing WAY less

Comments:
Lauren,
How exciting for you to be in your new home. You will get everything done in time. It is wonderful that you have lots of help. I continue to pray for you daily.
Love and Light,
Christy
 
Thanks Christy! I hope that your girls are making good progress with their meds as well.

<><
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE