Monday, July 31, 2006

It's Still Only Monday?

Why don't you get a haircut? You look like a chrysanthemum. --

P. G. Wodehouse





This morning started out a little rough. I was scheduled for a Tobramycin trough blood draw at the lab. The blood they took was for a CBC and metabolic panel. Hmmmm....that wasn't right. I got on the phone with the home healthcare folks and asked them to fax over the CORRECT lab orders. A frustrating hour later, I finally got the right bloodwork drawn. All it took was a little strong-arming from my doctor. I'm not quite sure where the problem was...whether it was was with the home health care people, the lab, or some other administrative fluke, but I'm glad we got it sorted out.

After that little fiasco I needed a Belgian waffle to calm down. Good thing it was still before 11a.m. or I would have been an unhappy camper. Coco's doesn't have hot chocolate though. Isn't that odd?

The next item on my agenda for the day was to see if I could get my optical prescription refilled. My prescription was still in the computer at JCPenney, so that was good. I ordered a new set of frames to replace the ones I lost. In two weeks I should be good as new. Actually, what made me good as new was the haircut I got. I hadn't had a haircut since May! My hair had gotten much longer than I'm used to and it was looking pretty sad. Within 5 minutes of sitting down in the stylist's chair, more than half of my hair was lying in clumps on the floor.

Ahhhh! What a relief to have a new, fresh hairdo. Topped it all off with a little retail therapy and I feel like new. What a lot of activity for me for one day. Doesn't sound like much, I know, but for me it was a big day. I can't believe it's still only Monday.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE