Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Good Idea, Bad Idea


No matter how many good intentions you have, quitting cold turkey is about the hardest thing in the world to do. --Leif Garrett


It's been nearly two weeks now with minimal caffeine intake. Selecting non-caffeinated beverages is becoming so much of a habit now that I'm even starting to make good choices in my dreams! Last night I dreamed that I was at a snack bar (like at a football game) and I reached for a Barq's rootbeer. Just as I was about to pay for it, a second thought entered my head and I opted for a Sprite instead. That's a little weird because I rarely drink Sprite--I'm a Sierra Mist kinda gal--but I guess that was all that was available in my dream.

Perhaps the hardest part about cutting back on caffeine is limiting my soda intake at work. Typically I would bring 2 Coca-colas from home--one for the morning, and one for the afternoon--and sip on them throughout the day. Granted, those wouldn't make me nearly as wired as having a grande mocha frappuccino from $tarbuck$, but even so, they influenced me. I read somewhere that caffeine stays in the system for something like 7 hours, which would explain why I always had trouble sleeping if I had a soda or frappuccino in the late afternoon.
Today at work I'm sipping tea. I thought it was a good idea, and a good excuse to use my cute little striped teacup and matching saucer that my cousin sent me.

Good idea: tea at work. Bad idea: chamomile tea!

Not only is it decaf, but the chamomile had some relaxing properties. It's very delicious, but it's more of an "unwind at the end of the day" kind of tea than a "gulp it down while printing reports." Oh well. At least I'm not wired, right?

Tonight is my much anticipated CF Clinic appointment. I'm apprehensive, but I think it'll be okay. Amazingly enough, I'm hardly coughing at all today. I think I was sick about a week ago but was too stressed to notice. Then again maybe I was too stressed last week and too sick to notice. Either way, I'm feeling better.

Current mood: complacent
Health-o-meter: 80% of my baseline
Emotional weather: mostly sunny, scattered clouds.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE