Friday, November 18, 2005

Me Duele La Estomago


Never order food in excess of your body weight.
--Erma Bombeck









Yesterday was my little (well, younger anyway) sister's birthday. We went to her favorite Mexican restaurant, "Pancho Villa's." They have LOUD mariachi musicians from 7-8pm, which is part of what she likes about the place.

After more than 2 hours in the car, Brad and I were extremely hungry and had our appetites ready! Since my parents had arrived first with the guest of honor, Dad ordered an appetizer of quesadillas, so Brad and I were able to start chowing down not long after sitting down. Mmmmmmm. I ordered pollo a la plancha for my meal, (mostly because it came with guacamole) and we had some deep fried ice cream in a crispy cinnamon tostada for dessert. By the time we were ready to get back into the car to drive home I felt very overly stuffed.

My stomachache only got worse as we headed for San Diego. With only 4 miles left to go, I thought for sure I was going to refry my beans right then and there. As we pulled off the freeway we got stuck at a red light. Oh the agony! The next light was yellow, and I blasted through that one. Then another red light by our apartment. Upon pulling into our parking spot, I lept out of the car and did the fastest Mexican two-step anyone's ever seen.

It's now been twelve hours and I'm still uncomfortable. I think it will be quite awhile before I'm ready for more rice and beans. Right now a salad sounds good. And some water. And a pack of tums.

Comments:
Thank you for giving us insights and inspirations. This article is really helpful and informative. We would like to see more updates from you in the future.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE