Monday, November 07, 2005

Keep the Change

Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are. --Bertolt Brecht


I seriously have to learn to roll with the punches a little more easily. I don't mind when I'm the one who dictates when things should be changed, but boy do I get out of whack when things change without my permission. I guess I should have been more careful when I asked my friends to pray that I will learn to be more content in any and every circumstance.

Here's the present situation. My company will no longer be offering PacifiCare as one of my medical coverage options. I was just feeling like I had gotten to the point where I able to jump through the flaming hoops of the HMO circus, and now I get to start all over again. I shouldn't complain too much though. It looks like I'll still be able to have UCSD Healthcare as my go-to-guys, but I'm not looking forward to starting back at square 1 with the referral process and choosing a primary care provider.

Still, for all the less-than-thrilling aspects of having to live in a grown-up world, I consider myself extremely blessed to be able to work full-time in spite of having CF. My employer is really great, and since I work right across the street from the CF Team Clinic and live less than a block away from the primary care people, I honestly have very few complaints.

That's about it for me here on a breezy autumn Monday. Even though it's early, the sun is already beginning to set and the sky is quite lovely. I hope the rest of the week goes off without a hitch. Stay tuned for pictures from "My Big Fat Dutch Family Gathering".

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE