Sunday, February 08, 2009

A Beautiful Day


Yesterday was my younger sister's wedding. Despite the rain and the cold, it was a beautiful day! Brad and I drove up on Friday to stay at my parents' house. Dana and Tom got married at Tom's parents' house in Yucaipa. It was a small, simple ceremony, which suited the couple just fine. I don't think it could have been more lovely or meaningful had it been a gigantic wedding like mine and Brad's.

My sister was gorgeous. I had the privilege of being there to see her transform from "just woke up" to "bride to be." I've always thought my sister was pretty, but to see her as a bride was...well, there's just something beautiful about a bride, especially one who has a relationship with Christ. The symbolism of such a thing really makes me suck in a breath and contemplate the magnitude of it.

Of course I teared up several times throughout the day. The first was when the hair stylist put the veil on her. Then again when I saw her for the first time in her wedding dress. I really lost it during the part when the pastor was talking about how someday they'd be telling their grandkids about the day they got married.

So as of yesterday Brad and I have a new brother-in-law and a new nephew! It is our hope and prayer that this newly formed family will serve God as their Lord and Savior, and will love each other with the kind of love that Christ demonstrated for us.

Congratulations Dana and Tom!

Comments:
Little Dana and Lauren all grown up! Congratulations! I'll always remember babysitting you as little girls.
 
Wow! Dana looks beautiful!!! It sounds like it was a great day. Congrats on your new extended family.

You and Brad both look great as well. Always such a cute couple!
 
Awe, congrats :) How funny that you were in Yucaipa, right by us :)
 
Thank you for providing such a valuable information and thanks for sharing this matter.
Much obliged to you for giving such essential data, and a debt of gratitude is for sharing this issue.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE