Thursday, August 07, 2008

For Everything a Season

This morning I was greeted with almost simultaneous news from 2 people close to me. The first was from Jon saying he had gotten engaged last night. The second from the administrator of CF site I visit saying that my friend Roschelle passed away yesterday.

Today I rejoice in the season of Jon's life that is just beginning, and mourning for the seasons Roschelle no longer has. I'm blessed to have just spoken with each of them in the last couple days.

The experience reminds me never to miss a moment. Never wait to tell a friend how much they mean to you, and always leave on good terms because you just don't know what could happen.

Comments:
Dear Lauren,
Even though I did not know Roschelle, I have wept as I've read her posts and finally her last ones.

Never miss a moment...how true and important. I look at Ella and my son and his wife and I grieve inside. They are doing everything to make her life so full. And she is full of life. What a joy.

I grieve for her in that she has no idea that sh has this awful CF and that someday she's going to be sick because of it.

I think of you every day, and I pray for His comfort and strength for you as you mourn this loss.
 
I'm glad that you got to talk to Roshelle in her final days. That was a gift to both of you. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE