Sunday, July 27, 2008

Almost There!

After that crazy night with the hemoptysis, I'm happy to report that things are going MUCH better. I'm bored out of my gourd which is a definite sign that I'm ready to be set free. There are just a couple tests left to do.

Monday: swallowing study
I've been having trouble swallowing. It's like I can't make my throat do what it's supposed to. No matter what sort of food or drink it is, my throat just gets stuck. My dad has a similar problem, so it's worthwhile to see if I have it too.

Tuesday: spirometry

The all important lung function test to see that I've improved my FEV1. All the doctors and RTs say that my lungs sound much clearer and less diminished each day. I've been able to tolerate all the funky CPT positions, and they've been effective.

Wednesday will mark my 15th day in the hospital and my 27th day on IVs. They're saying that Wednesday might be the day I get to go home. My spirometry on Tues will be too late in the afternoon to get anything started for discharge paperwork. I'm hoping that I'll be able to go home without IVs. That's my big goal. I want to walk out of here without the dread and impending exhaustion of doing home infusions. We've had quite enough of that lately thank you.

Tonight I'm in good spirits. Brad came for a visit and brought me a Frappucino. Mmmm. Yesterday he went on a quest for a Krispy Kreme donut for me. I normally dislike donuts, but I figured with my weight as low as it is, I'd sooner eat a donut than drink Boost or Scandi.

My goal when I get home is to keep resting and work on eating more. I have a tremendous affinity for grapes lately, but those don't have enough calories. I'm looking forward to baked potatoes with butter, sour creme, veggies and cheese. That oughta help put some of that weight back on. I've got a long way to go--I lost 20 pounds. (YIKES)

Wish me luck folks; this could turn out to be a great week.

Comments:
I'm so glad to hear that you're about ready to spring the joint. Twenty pounds? Yikes. Eat lots.
 
I was so happy to read this post. Froggy and I said a little prayer for you last night.

I used to work at Trader Joe's and know all the best, delicious, and easy fatty foods.

The frozen quiches are very high in fat and calories. And you can just throw them in the toaster oven. Froggy loves those.

Also, the frozen tamales with some guacamole and chips. Fresh hummus, and marscapone. And their chicken sausages in the fresh section are tasty, healthy and full of calories and fat. Oh, and we love the ravioli in the fresh section. Yum. Good luck on putting on those pounds. And like I say with Froggy if the docs could figure out how to do a fat transplant, I would gladly donate.
 
So glad things are looking up!!! Eat lots of cupcakes with extra frosting!! They do the trick for me not to mention twinkies ding dongs well you know all the stuff that is good for us :)
 
I am grateful for the positive learning environment you provided with me. Amazing web site good article. Great information. This works great for me. Thanks for sharing this :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE