Friday, March 21, 2008

To the Tune of "Oh What a Night"

This one's called "I Coughed All Night." It's to the tune of Frankie Valli's "Oh, What a Night"

I coughed all night.
Hacking, gagging I was up ‘til 3


What very lousy night for me
‘cause I was coughing hard all night.


I coughed all night
You know I did all my inhalers first

But all that did was give a short-term burst

I’m still wheezing; what a night.




Oh I got a funny feeling when I breathed
Deeply from below.

I prayed this feeling would just end so soon.

I coughed all night
Getting sweaty trying not to puke
I hope to God that this is just a fluke
And maybe I’ll be alright.

I felt a popping and a gurg’ling inside me
Hemoptysis is what’s probably going on in me.
I’ve coughed all night.

Comments:
Happy Easter, Lauren. He is risen. Hallelujah!
 
I stumbled upon this blog post this afternoon and about choked I was laughing so hard.

I, too, was diagnosed with CF as a baby. It's good to come across other CF writers!

(Pardon me while I run pull my nebulizers off the stove where they're boiling...)

I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate a little CF humor after what has been a difficult month for me. Thanks!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE