Monday, March 24, 2008

Not Much Going On Today

Not a whole lot is going on today, and I think that's a good thing. I'm hoping that it signals the coming of a peaceful and healthy season for me. A few weeks ago Brad and I sat down and had a serious discussion about how to really budget my time and energy so that I don't get overwhelmed. I have to admit, at first I felt like things were being taken away from me. I didn't want to have to relinquish some projects and activities. Now I see that by really zeroing in on a few things rather than trying to wrap my arms around a whole slew of stuff, I can more fully appreciate those few things. It's sort of like replacing a panoramic view of my life with a more finely tuned close up photo. All the detail and color I need is right in front of me, and it's wonderful.

From a CF standpoint, things have been going really well since I ended the tune-up. I've been getting regular, sound sleep, and I'm keeping my weight on. Brad is doing a great job of keeping me well supplied of Eggos. There's just something about Eggos and a tall glass of chocolate Instant Breakfast that steels my wool.

Lately I've been connecting more with others who have CF. There are days when I really wish that I wasn't limited to online interaction, but I know that's the way it simply has to be. As I've gotten older it has really blessed me to find others who share in the things I struggle with, and who profess the same source of hope that I do. It's encouraging to know that I can send an email to one of my CF friends and not have to explain much detail about why I'm having a rough day or a good day.

Work is going well, both the freelance stuff and my science work. There's no question about it--God has uniquely suited me for this sort of work, and has seen fit to give me a flexible schedule. Like I said in a previous post, this really is the good life. The best part is, the good life really isn't about how many things or possessions or experiences I have. It's about having the kind of peace that surpasses all understanding. I hope that people who read my blog can see that it is possible to live well and be content, even with such a dastardly disease like CF.

Comments:
Thanks for giving me hope for my sons future. I love reading your blog. I first found it on Nate's blog. I hope you don't mind, but I put a link to your blog on my blog. Most of the people who look at my blog go directly to yours! If you want me to take it off, just let me know.
www.acure4lilchris.blogspot.com
Thanks again,
Lil' Chris' Mom
 
Much thanks to you for giving such significant data, and a debt of gratitude is for sharing this Business Promotion system.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE