Thursday, April 19, 2007

Wonderful Changes are Coming Soon!




Normally I work out a general summary of what I mean to do, then start writing, and the details can be different from my anticipation. So there is considerable flow, but always within channels.


--Piers Anthony




I have been thinking a lot about how I can make this blog more useful and informative to the CF community. I have a number of faithful readers who like keeping tabs on the day to day aspects of my life, but that only holds people's interest for so long. Not everyone who deals with CF wants to hear about another person's life with it; after all, their own life has enough challenges; why should they read about mine?

Rest assured that the "journaling" aspect of this blog will not fall by the wayside. I plan to branch out a bit and use this blog as my own little journalistic publication. Thanks to some great tips I picked up from Laura Christianson's blogging workshop at the Mount Hermon Christian Writer's Conference, I'm confident that I will be able to draw a wider readership, and ultimately, further educate people about cystic fibrosis.

When is this all going to take place? The plan is to kick off a new format of sorts on May 1st.

I welcome your input and ideas about what you'd like to see around here. Please use the comments to leave me a note, or send me an email with the subject line "blogging about CF."



Comments:
Man that is a great set of lungs... are those yours?
 
HA! Don't I wish. You'll note the absence of a portacath in that x-ray, which means, they're not mine. Just some random free image I found online. Sorry to disappoint!
 
Hi!

I read on your blog that you’re really interested in showing how people with CF can still live a full and active life. Have you heard of Tisha?
When Leticia (Tisha) Klemetz was born with cystic fibrosis, doctors told her mother she would not live to see her sixth birthday. Defying their prediction, Tisha will graduate today from Brigham Young University with a bachelor’s degree in linguistics, a minor in Scandinavian studies and university honors. Tisha is committed to living a fulfilled life despite her condition. She loves learning, studying languages (she can fluently speak seven languages) and translating. To read more about her trials and triumphs: http://byunews.byu.edu/archive07-APR-gradfeature.aspx. For more media coverage: http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/219097/
Best,
Elizabeth Bowman Cramer
University Communications Intern
Elizabeth_cramer@byu.edu
 
Lauren,
Whatever you choose to write about, I will be reading. You provide a model of hope for me and my girls. I like the fact that you occasionally post about current research, because I am honestly not the best about keeping up with what is going on in the fabulous world of CF research. So, I guess if I could make a request, it would be that you keep posting about things like that... You have a way of relaying the studies without scaring the willies out of me. CF is frightening and demanding and exhausting enough for all involved without getting bogged down in the doomsday type of predictions that are sometimes included in the studies. At any rate, I appreciate your blog... I appreciate your views... I appreciate your ability to honor God.
Love and Light,
Christy
 
We are grateful for your dedication about this helpful post. Thanks for explain this post with taking your important time.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE