Thursday, April 05, 2007

Seroquel: Day 1



Think in the morning. Act in the noon. Eat in the evening. Sleep in the night.


William Blake




Now that I've been home from "camp" for a few days, I'm working on settling into a decent routine. Being in the great outdoors and getting so much exercise while at Mount Hermon was just the sort of jumpstart I think I needed. I've been sitting at home so much since November, that I had nearly forgotten what it's like to be out and about. Also, having a set routine for mealtimes and so forth while I was there was good for reprogramming my internal clock.

Last night I started on a new medication (Seroquel) to help me with sleep and the symptoms of OCD that keep me from relaxing enough to be able to sleep. For the first time in quite awhile I was in bed before midnight, and slept ALL night. The best part was, not only did I sleep, but I slept soundly. I'm very encouraged by this and hope that this is the right medication for me.

In the past I've been reluctant to try medications that would affect my brain. I was worried that I would be robbed of my "spark" or that little something that makes me such a creative individual.

I'm praying that Seroquel is in fact the key that we've been looking for to unlock the door to a calmer, more stable Lauren. It's far to early to tell for sure, but I'm optimistic.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE