Sunday, April 22, 2007

Another Good Weekend

The rhythm of the weekend, with its birth, its planned gaieties, and its announced end, followed the rhythm of life and was a substitute for it.

--F. Scott Fitzgerald



I like the way our household runs now that I'm a little more sane. This is the longest amount of time that I've been out of the hospital, so we've FINALLY had a chance to develop a routine together. Before we'd only do chores around the house as we were able or when things got to the point where we couldn't stand the mess anymore. Frankly, there were just more important things to deal with (IVs, doctor appointments, hospital visits...)

Friday night we watched Mission: Impossible 3 together. Blech. I didn't really care for it. Lousy story. The first Mission: Impossible was great.

On Saturday we lounged around a bit. Then we did our chores. I figured out how to use the Swiffer to clean the baseboards without having to get down on my hands and knees. Okay, so I get excited about silly things. That's just me. Now if only I can find where to buy the refills for the Clorox Bathroom Cleaner, I'd be good to go. I guess the things are pretty new, because I can't even find it on Clorox's Website. They do have good housecleaning tips on there though.

My favorite part of doing our chores together was the way we worked as a team to get the downstairs floor cleaned up. Brad wielded the Swiffer, and I was in charge of spraying the diluted Pine-Sol and following up with a rag to make sure we didn't leave wet spots behind. I've had a hard time deciding what works best to keep our laminate floor residue free after a cleaning. Any suggestions in the comments are appreciated.

There's just something about having a clean house that contributes to peace of mind and serenity. I wonder if that's why some people think that cleanliness is next to godliness. *shrug* I suppose sometimes I'm a Mary, and sometimes I'm a Martha. I think it's just as important that I spend time going to church and learning from God's Word in order to be a suitable partner for my husband. But more about that in my soon to be released book "Dear Future Husband." You can read the little blurb about it on Shulamite Publishing's website.

Comments:
Thank you very much for the contribution.
It has been very useful, I was looking for something similar, greetings and thanks.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE