Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Fit to Be Untied

I am very abnormal... But it wasn't very long ago that I wasn't so abnormal. I was very normal and headed for a lifetime of paying medical bills as proof of my normalcy.


--Dirk Benedict







Tonight was my CF clinic appointment that was supposed to determine whether the tune-up had been successful. I didn't exactly get a clean bill of health yet since I wasn't able to have PFTs done, but the good news is that I am no longer on the IV meds. My energy level was plenty high today, and my weight was better than it was when I was admitted to the hospital at the beginning of July. I think it's safe to say that this tune-up is now complete. The PFTs tomorrow will just be a formality. Come Monday I will happily return to the office and the work that awaits me, but first I plan to take advantage of the next few days.

I hereby declare myself officially on a vacation. I will rest a bit more, enjoy our new home, and basically just relax. I've earned it.

Oh, and by the way, today was also the anniversary of when Brad proposed marriage. Pretty nifty, eh? Three years of marriage has been awesome. I'm glad God brought the two of us together. I can't imagine a better life--at least not one this side of eternity.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE