Friday, October 14, 2005

The Jokes Weren't THAT Bad

In days of old when knights were bold, and toilets weren't invented,
they left their loads beside the roads and then moved on, contented.


The toilet in our master bathroom is quite temperamental. It's one of those "just jiggle the handle" types. Every night after we brush our teeth one of us jiggles the handle to make the water noises calm down enough to the point where it doesn't disrupt our sleep. I guess we've gotten so used to having a little extra noise at night that we didn't even hear the thing that when bump in the night.

We have a little shelf above our toilet that holds the air freshener, extra roll of toilet paper, and of course, a few joke books. (I know, I know, but seriously, is there anyone out there who can honestly say that they have NEVER read while in there?) At some point during the night the books on the shelf toppled forward and landed kerplunk! in the toilet. My sleepy husband found them this morning when he attempted to seat himself on the throne. I'm just glad he woke up enough to notice before anything truly disgusting happened.

***

In other news, it turns out the gym in our neighborhood is closing down. We're disappointed since we've both been having such a great experience there. The place has only been in operation for about 3 months. It's sad to see it go under so quickly. I would have thought that by putting a gym in the same strip mall with an In-n-Out, Applebees, $tarbuck$, and Subway would have attracted plenty of people who needed a workout. I guess not.

This weekend the hubby and I are leading worship for our church's women's retreat. I'm going to be playing piano and he's going to play saxophone and clarinet. He's so gifted! I really love that we can share music as a hobby together. We sometimes have creative differences, but that's mostly because he actually has a degree in music, and I'm just am amateur. We don't always speak the same language. I can read music just fine, but I wouldn't recognize an augmented fourth if it bit me in the armpit.

With the retreat going on this weekend I probably won't have a chance to post again until Monday. I hope everyone has a wonderful couple of days and that you take advantage of the opportunity to rest.

Oh, and my tummy feels much better now, thanks :)



Comments:
To answer your question, I find LJ to be very user-friendly. There are a lot of people on it. I think it's probably the most popular online blogger dealie. But it's all a matter of opinion of course. :D The one thing I like about LJ is that it has communities (where as long as you're a member of that community, you can post an entry related to the topic - others post in the community too, and anyone can comment), and I'm part of a few CF ones. So I post when I'm having tummy trouble, or med issues, or whatever, and I get a bunch of CFers coming back with their own personal experiences. :) And then I help them when they post with their problems. In case you want to see what I mean, the link is:
http://www.livejournal.com/community/cystic_fibrosis/
:)
-Emily
 
Thanks for your great information, the contents are quiet interesting. It's so important to realize that every time you get upset, it drains your emotional energy.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE