Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Days Like This

Mama said there'd be days like this, --The Shirelles


You'd think I would have learned by now, but I guess I'm just thick-headed. God bless my husband for putting up with me! I get all excited about something and make plans like crazy and forget to schedule some "down time" for myself and next things I know...WHAM! Burned out. There are some days when I'm able to practically forget that I have CF and that I need to pace myself. There's a paradoxical reality that I contend with on a regular basis. In order to live as normally as possible so that I appear just as healthy as the next gal, I have to be exceptionally aware of my limitations.

Yesterday I took some time off work for what my mom and I call "a mental health day." I hadn't gotten enough sleep over the weekend, and with my body chemicals running completely amok, I was pretty much a mess. I took myself to Target for an Icee (and no, mom, I didn't take 20 minutes to decide which flavor), and some new jammies--the cozy flannel kind with drawstring pants. Last night we just sat around after dinner and watched "Friends" while we folded the laundry together. It was a nice end to a "blah" kind of weekend. I'm really glad that my husband is, as my dad says, a housecat. My hubby doesn't mind one bit if all I'm in the mood for is a movie marathon at home. I'm always amazed at how great our marriage is. I hear other people talking about bickering over chores, or being exasperated about little things. I just don't get it.

Wow, that was incredible. Just thinking about my husband and our wonderful marriage made my mood improve exponentially! God really knew what He was doing when He brought us together. I am so loved and protected. Even when I'm having a totally crappy day (or series of days), my husband brightens my mood just by being my husband. *insert contented sigh here*

Comments:
Rebecca here....just wanted to make sure you saw my comment down below :)
 
I appreciate your hard work and want you to know it doesn’t go unnoticed. Thank you for giving us insights and inspirations. This article is really helpful and informative. We would like to see more updates from you in the future.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE