Sunday, July 05, 2009

Then and Now

Six years ago today Brad and I embarked on our marital journey together. Hand in hand we spoke our vows to one another, our hearts beating wildly at the anticipation of married life. We trembled with joy at the gift that God had given us--the gift of our relationship. We couldn't imagine then how fulfilling and wonderful that would truly be.

Six years ago the day was a flourished frenzy of photos and friends. Everything was beautiful. Despite the thick, choking heat of the day we managed to stay cool and collected. Even now I love looking back at our wedding album. The portraits are stunning and the candid photos my Aunt Mary Beth and Uncle Mike took throughout the day help complete the story.

I am so blessed to have Brad in my life. He's truly the love of my life and the best part of me. He takes care of me no matter what is going on, and he always has a way of putting me at peace when I'm on edge. He takes our vows seriously, as he's proven time and again whenever I've been in the hospital. Because of the way he treats me, it's easy to love, honor and obey him as my spiritual leader and companion for life. I can't imagine any other life.
Tonight we may be celebrating our 6th anniversary in the hospital again, but I'm confident that Brad will find a way to make it beautiful and special. He has a real knack for things like that. I regret that I only have hugs and kisses to give him and not a beautifully written greeting card or similar gift. I hope he knows how much I love him, even without the fuss and frills. So here's to 6 years of wedded bliss! May they continue all the more!

I Love You, Brad!


Comments:
Congratulations on 6 years of marriage! Tina and I enjoy getting to know you better through your blog. Get well soon. We are praying for you.

Aaron and Tina
 
Congratulations! It sounds like God has blessed you with an amazing gift in your husband.
 
Happy Anniversary! Isn't it great when we find wonderful husbands who love us AND our CF?! Hope it's a great night, even if it is at the hospital.
 
Happy Anniversary, Lauren and Brad!
 
Congratulations to you both!!And hoping you have many more!
 
Congratulations Lauren and Brad!
 
Congrats! Happy Anniversary to both of you!
 
Wow! Congrats! You are one very blessed wife to have a hubby like Brad!

Good to see you here....I had to search for your blog and finally found this one. I only had the old one...I sure miss your emails/devotions. Do you have Facebook??? I hope you keep getting better...
 
Love you guys Congrats on six great years! :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE