Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Celebrating my Golden Birthday

My golden birthday (I turned 28 on the 28th) didn't go like I had planned. It was BETTER!

I puttered around the house for a little while this morning, then I got a major case of baby fever, so I grabbed some sandwiches and sodas and drove up to my friend Kelly's place to see the twins. I felt a little bit bad about showing up unannounced, but I figured if I brought a peace offering of food, she couldn't turn me away.

The babies were sleeping, so Kelly and I got in a nice girl-gab session while we ate lunch. Then when the little ones woke up I changed their diapers and got to feed Julia a bottle while Kelly feed Ava. It was SO hard for me to leave. I just wanted to stay by their cribs and watch them sleep.

As I was driving back home Brad called and said he had bad news. Our restaurant is apparently closed on Mondays. Boo. However, on the plus side he was done early with work and was going to head home so we could hang out. When I got home we changed into our swimsuits and headed for the tide pools. I haven't been in the ocean in such a long time. BRRRRR! It felt wonderful though! I went in just up to my thighs. Brad took a few photos of me playing in the water.


We left the tide pools and Brad asked what else I wanted to do. I said I wanted to go somewhere for frozen yogurt. The only problem was, neither of us knew where there was a yogurt shop, so we planned to find a Trader Joe's and pick up some tiramisu for dessert instead. We were driving along and suddenly, there it was! "TCBY!" I yelled. We made a sharp left turn and ordered ourselves some tasty treats.

We sat outside in the sun, proud of ourselves for taking advantage of living in San Diego. It was a beautiful day.

For dinner I made us shrimp scampi since Brad had gotten me a spaghetti server I was eager to try it out. For dessert we had strawberry shortcake and we FINALLY drank the champagne from our wedding. Good stuff. I was too lazy to put our desserts on our wedding china or pour our drinks into our champagne flutes, so we drank out of juice glasses, and ate our dinner in front of the TV while watching Enchanted.

It was a beautiful, special birthday and one I'll remember for a long time. I'm so glad we got part of it on camera.

Truly this was a HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY and I'm so thankful to have an adoring husband who did whatever he could to make the day so special.



Comments:
Happy golden birthday! Glad you had a nice day, the tide pools look fun!
 
I've enjoyed reading about your very happy birthday.
 
Happy Birthday!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE