Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I'm a ROCKSTAR!

Okay, so I'm not really a rockstar, but I did manage to have a surprisingly good clinic appointment tonight. My weight was a whopping 124lbs. In terms of BMI that's 20.6. The National Goal for CF patients is a BMI of 22 for females. If I'm going to reach that, then I'm going to have to put on some serious muscle weight. It'll get there.

My FEV1 was 2.18, which is pretty cool considering that last time (2 weeks ago) it was 2.1. It was encouraging to see a little bit of improvement. It gave me new hope and a refocused view of my goal.

Basically tonight's appointment confirmed that the fatigue, depression, and crazy sleep is not because of an exacerbation, but because we haven't yet hit upon the right treatment for bi-polar disorder. That's okay. I know that in time, that will come too.

So to all you out there in CFland, in the words of Commander Peter Quincy Taggert of the NSA Protector...Never Give Up! NEVER SURRENDER!

(If you need help with that reference, see me after class)



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE