Monday, December 12, 2005

Pre-flight Jitters



When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. --Henry Ford








Today Brad left for Chicago for several days for a trade show that his company is participating in. This is one of the biggest ones of the year, since it's geared toward introducing new products to the music educators who are starting to think about which material they will soon be ordering for the next school year. Brad has been the one to stay behind to hold down the fort the last couple years, but this time it was his turn to go, so he was pretty excited about it. I'm just sorry I won't be there to see him in his spiffy new suit and everything.

I woke up at 7:30 and helped Brad pack his suitcase. I'm 98% positive that we actually remembered everything this time. Usually we forget something relatively major like shoes or pajamas. Checklists are good things to have. I'm curious as to how he's going to pack it all back together for the trip home. I had every nook and cranny of that suitcase strategically occupied.

I'm trying not to wig out about him flying. I hate being away from him as it is, and with the recent accident at a Chicago airport because of snow, I'm even more out of sorts. I feel like Marilyn Lovell (wife of Apollo 13 astronaut Jim Lovell) who would do nothing but vacuum over and over again to keep herself occupied while her husband was out of radio contact during certain portions of his missions. I'll be okay though. I get to see my gal pals tonight for our bi-weekly prayer meeting. That will help.

***
Current mood: edgy
Current snack: Starburst candies
Emotional weather: variable
Health-O-Meter: 80% of baseline and climbing

Comments:
Thanks for visiting my site. I actually got that list from a post of a friend of mine. I don't know where she got that either. There are books missing from that list, I agree.
 
There are three essential sorts of skin natural medicines: implanted oils, ointments, and creams or salves. Implanted oils are made by soaking spices in a transporter oil like olive or almond to extricate the restorative plant constituents that will help relieve your skin.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE