Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Get in Shape, Girl! (Day 2)

Perhaps it's my scientific training, but I'm prone to treating everything as a project/experiment. I'm so pleased with the results of my last doctor's appointment, that I'm going to do whatever I can to keep up this level of health (and possibly even improve on it!)

So here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to commit to doing the following things this week. How will you know if I'm following through? That's easy--I'll document it! I'm going to photograph it.
I started the following plan on Monday. I didn't photograph it then, but from here on out I will. Not everything got photographed today, since my adoring husband was busy getting ready for work. You're just going to have to trust me that I did everything.

THE PLAN

3 days this week I will eat breakfast consisting of:


Sounds like a lot, but I'm a bottomless pit, so it's okay.

3 Days this week I will do the following workout, 40 reps each:


SUIT UP!

Sweat pants, t-shirt, comfy shoes and most importantly, the inCourage Vest from Respirtech.

While I stretch and tone my muscles, the vest will give my airways a good workout.




It's hard to tell from the angle, but
this is the flat chest press (hehehe...flat chest) which was followed by the flat pectoral flys, and then the shoulder press.

Im-PRESS-ive, aren't I?





Alternating bicep curls.


Get your tickets now for the gun show!





Whew! That was an intense 30 minutes.

Now my gear is all packed away and ready for the next time.

Time to refuel and get on with my day.





I prefer to spend more time eating the food than preparing it. Making scrambled eggs in the microwave is a great time saver. The eggs are guaranteed to be fluffy, there's no "egg goo" to scrape off a frying pan, and best of all, it only takes 2 minutes, tops! Perfect timing with the toaster waffles.




Re-hydrating is a MUST. I add 1/4 teaspoon of salt to a bottle of water to help replace what I lose by sweating. Sounds gross? Just think of it as a "Mountain Spring Margarita."









BEFORE

This photo is horribly washed out, but believe me, there are 2 Eggos on that plate along with a pile of scrambled eggs with cheese. Pine/orange/banana juice is there, but unfortunately there's no Instant Breakfast today. I only had enough milk for 1 c.


AFTER

Hooray! I'm a member of the "Clean Plate Club."

That big meal should stick to my ribs quite well.



Comments:
haha, that's great, I love the step by step photos :) Keep up the good work!
 
Great ideas. I do the curls, etc also. But I gotta try the eggs in the microwave.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE