Monday, December 19, 2005

There's No Place Like Home


To be happy at home is the ultimate result of all ambition,
the end to which every enterprise and labor tends...

-Samuel Johnson


Brad's plane was delayed a number of times, but he finally made it home on Saturday evening. Even though he was noticeably worn out, he was in an agreeable enough mood to take me out to Chili's for dinner. I always enjoy when we go there, since that's where Brad took me on our first solo date. (Our first date was to banquet at his school.)

They say absense makes the heart grow fonder. Perhaps that is true. I think that's along the same lines as saying that hunger is the best seasoning. I had missed Brad so much the past week, and I was perfectly content to sit there looking at each other over dinner even though we were a little too tired for much conversation.

The rest of our weekend together was great. Brad went to "Bedside Baptist" on Sunday morning so that he could get over his jetlag. We pretty much just lounged around the rest of the afternoon. We made dinner together, which we hadn't done in quite awhile, we sat together at the kitchen table and finished getting our Christmas cards ready to be mailed out. Later in the evening we had milk and chocolate cake while we watched "Grey's Anatomy" together. It was a repeat episode, but Brad hasn't seen as many of them as I have, so now he's a bit more caught up.

I'm looking forward to enjoying some time off with him later this week, just hanging out and celebrating Christmas together. I can't believe another year has come and gone. God is awesome. He is always teaching me, shaping me into a better wife, and showing me how to be a woman who is pleasing in His sight. I'm so thankful for Brad and the leader that he is for our family, and the ways he encourages and supports me no matter what.

***

Current mood: content
Current snack: pretzels
Emotional weather: clear skies
Health-O-Meter: 85% of baseline (Dr. appt. on Wed, so more to report then)

Comments:
I am grateful for the positive learning environment you provided with me. Amazing web site good article. Great information. This works great for me. Thanks for sharing this :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE