Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Lauren Loves Bradley

Place me like a seal over your heart,
like a seal on your arm;
for love is as strong as death,
its jealousy unyielding as the grave.
It burns like blazing fire,
like a mighty flame. Many waters cannot quench love;
rivers cannot wash it away.

Song of Solomon 8:6, 7a


It's hard to believe that four years ago we were rehearsing for our wedding ceremony! Sometimes it seems like only yesterday that we were engaged; Other times I feel like I've known Brad my entire life. Either way, our relationship makes me grin from ear to ear whenever I think about every part of it. There's no doubt in my mind that God hand-picked Brad to be my husband.

God blesses us in so many ways when we put our life in His hands. Being able to share my life and my faith with someone who loves me is wonderful. Brad and I have shared a lot of ups and downs and in betweens. We have pretty much run the gamut of what the wedding vows encapsulate. Honestly, I don't know how some couples can experience a meaningful and fulfilling relationship without Christ in their lives. I can think of no more effective "glue" to hold a marriage together than the strength that comes from the Holy Spirit.

I look forward to many, many more years spent at Brad's side, loving and honoring him as his wife. God holds us in His mighty hands. I have tremendous peace knowing that we are in His grip.


---

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE