Thursday, September 18, 2008

Just an Update

It's been a few days since I've blogged, but that's because my body has been flat out exhausted. (Hooray hormones.) I had a really nice time with my friend Katie the other night. We had dinner together at my favorite place and then, almost on a whim I said "Do you mind going with me to check out what it costs to join that gym over there?"

True friend that she is, she stuck around for moral support and politely listened to the sales rep go through all the benefits of membership. I was truly amazed at how much equipment they had there--the place didn't look gross or overused at all. It also wasn't one of those gyms where all the "pretty people" come to workout. You really can't see the inside of the gym through the front windows, which I think added to the safe feeing I got there.

After going through all the info and answering my questions I said I was ready to sign up. I used to go to that gym years ago when I was in high school, so I felt comfortable with their policies. I got a really good deal, and it's a month-to-month package with easy cancellation. That part I liked. I hate being boxed in.

I even signed up for some sessions with their kinesiologist. Woohoo! I'm looking forward to coming up with a plan that will help improve my lung capacity and bulk me up. I just can't seem to do it on my own, so it's time to call in the pros.

Brad's even going to join up too! I'm so excited about that. The way I was explaining it to him was that when we do things together like work out, it ceases to be "Lauren doing something for her health" and instead turns into "Us making healthy choices as a team."

The other cool thing that's coming up next week is that I get to have sinus surgery! YAY!!!! I am so tired of this yucky headache all the time. My sinuses have been constantly dripping snot down the back of my throat an into my tummy. UGH. I've thrown up almost everything I've eaten in the last 3 days. I hate when that happens. I keep drinking Gatorade and stuff like that to help with potassium.

Tomorrow my mom's coming for a visit. I hope I'll be in better shape by the time she comes.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE