Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Feeling Cynical (Among Other Things)

Cynicism is tough. A cynic's point of view is really pitiful. I derive pleasure out of a lot of things in life. As long as I'm fairly healthy, it's hard to stay dismal for very long.
--Shawn Colvin



Perhaps it is because I am not, as Shawn Colvin said, "reasonably healhty" that I am experiencing an increase in my level of cynicism of late. Having just completed a lengthy tune-up with intravenous meds and plenty of time off work, I fully expected that I would be doing much better in strength and in spirit.

But this is not the case today. Actually, it hasn't been the case since Friday. Friday was a rough day at work. I had a deadline to meet and the printer failed to comply with my wishes. The report I was attempting to assemble was being spewed forth with jumbled page numbers and page reversals. To add insult to injury, the toner was low, paper jams were frequent, and I was late to meet my husband for dinner.

I've been sleeping quite a bit too. I think I need some of my medications adjusted. Usually when my sleep patterns are well defined, the rest of my body follows suit and I don't have too many problems. Over the weekend I was running a fever off and on. I have no appetite (which is exceptionally unusual for me) and I just feel "blah"--for lack of a better word.

--
Current mood: see title
Current snack: n/a
Health-o-meter: 65% of baseline
Emotional weather: storm warning issued

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

THEOOZE